What are the benefits of tooth-colored dental fillings?
There are many reasons why patients prefer tooth-colored fillings over other options.
- Natural-Looking Shades—The custom shade is designed to blend in seamlessly.
- Long-Lasting—When treated well, composite fillings can last between 10 and 15 years.
- Preserve Tooth Structure—More of the healthy tooth can remain.
- Safer for Teeth—Our fillings are mercury-free, unlike amalgam (silver) fillings.
- Strengthen Teeth—Tooth-colored fillings strengthen and support the natural tooth.
How do I know if I need a dental filling?
The only way to know for sure if you need a dental filling is by visiting an experienced dentist for an expert opinion. If you’ve recently noticed unusual dental pain or soreness, black or brown spots on your teeth, or sudden tooth sensitivity, that could be a sign that decay is present. Small areas of tooth decay can be removed and replaced with a durable dental filling, but in other cases, a root canal and dental crown placement may become necessary. Our team will be happy to assess the situation and provide you with expert care.
Is it painful to get a dental filling?
The first step in the treatment process involves using a local anesthetic to numb the teeth and gums. Local anesthesia usually does a great job at reducing pain and discomfort during dental treatments. You may feel a pinch when the anesthetic is administered, and once everything is numb, you will mostly feel pressure on the tooth that is receiving the filling. After the numbness wears off after your treatment, any discomfort that you experience should be able to be taken care of with over-the-counter pain medication.Contact Us